The SociaLIGHT Conference aims to redefine what it means to be a “socialite.” Socia”LIGHT” is also an acronym that stands for: L.eader I.mpacting G.lobal H.umanity T.oday.
SociaLIGHT Inc. creates a variety of events and products by aggregating top resources, partners and content for entrepreneurial, startup, and innovation success. We emphasize on “People. Planet. Profit.” leadership and global solutions sourced from your passion.
SociaLIGHT brings together a world class community and tribe committed to positive systemic impact. The annual renown SociaLIGHT Conference celebrates Global Entrepreneurship Week, and has over 1000 dynamic leaders, young professionals, & entrepreneurs, 40 top business organizations and speakers for your inspiration and ongoing success.
From October 3rd to November 22nd, 2012 I managed the following for SociaLIGHT:
- Social Media + Online Strategy
- Social Media Management on: Facebook and Twitter
- 2012 Social Media Campaign
Social Media Strategy, Management + Content Creation:
The social media strategy that was decided on was a series of graphic, article and video based shares through Twitter and Facebook intended to engage the SociaLIGHT audience and promote the sharing of these graphics, articles and videos, bringing in a larger fan base. There was also the goal of driving users to the website and other SociaLIGHT centric content from October 3rd to the date of the conference. A promotion of the speakers and sponsors followed with links to sponsor and speaker websites, that directly tagged the personal and business accounts respectively. A series of graphic share contests driving users to the SociaLIGHT Facebook page or to the page of a sponsor requiring them to comment on the page was also utilized. Contests were held on Twitter through graphic shares. All contests were ticket giveaways or discounts and worked well in increasing engagement.
By the Numbers
- Likes: September 28th – 590 -> November 22nd – 890
An increase of followers by 50.8% in the time period.
- The page had a reach over 10,000 people per week from November 6th to November 20th, peaking the week of November 14th to November 20th at 14,519 people reached.
- There was an average of 153.53 views per day from November 6th to November 20th.
- There was an average of 13.53 likes per day from Nov 5th to November 20th.
- There was an organic reach of 14,519 in the week of Nov 14 – Nov 21st.
- August 1st – Sept 27th – Posts on the page were seen by 4,549 people.
- Sept 28th – Nov 20th – Posts on the page were seen by 53,024 people.
- Followers: September 28th – 859 -> November 22nd – 1270
An increase of followers by 47.8% in the time period.
- From October 4th to November 20th, there was an increase of followers by an average of 6+ per day, compared to 1 per day for the month of September. The week of the conference (November 13th – 18th) Twitter saw an increased follower count by 30+ users per day.
- From Nov 1st – Nov 22nd SociaLIGHT had a 0.67 retweet rate per post.
- @SLTconference was mentioned 86 times on Nov 16th, 425 times on Nov 17th, and 36 times on Nov 18th.
- #SLT2012 was mentioned 41 times on Nov 16th, 969 times on Nov 17th, and 77 times on Nov 18th.
- #SLT2012 was trending on November 17th in Toronto by 8:30am and trending in Canada by 9:30am