Hon. B.A. in History, Minor in English,
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Social Media Manager & Strategist. Well versed in all forms of social media with the ability to organically and hyper-locally promote any business through multiple channels. A focus on engagement based, organic marketing.
Social Media Manager & Strategist at Secret Weapon Media
15/02/2012 – Present
- Manage all forms of social media and online tools in order to engage potential customers for a wide range of clients.
- Liaise with management and web design teams in order to communicate an effective marketing strategy to the public.
- Create and implement effective marketing strategies deployed through social media to build each client’s brand, customer base and customer loyalty.
- Assist management teams in the development of a social media platforms and online strategies.
Social Media Marketer, The DMZ at Ryerson University
10/2014 – 05/2016
- Created and executed a social media strategy across multiple social media channels that assisted in achieving the goals and reaching the target segments of the DMZ.
- Advised and assisted DMZ companies with their online presence and social media strategy, including: website user experience, website copy, blogging, SEO, native use of social media channels, and strategic social media posting to increase not only brand awareness but business development pipelines.
- Executed numerous social media campaigns, with and without co-promotional partners to optimize each campaign through organic and paid social media initiatives in order to ensure maximum exposure.
- Managed and mentored multiple social media student assistants.
- Oversaw online policies regarding staff members use of social media social media to promote brand initiatives and partnerships.
- Implemented and maintained social media lead generation for recruitment and relationship management for business development and media relations
Social Media Strategist, HackerNest
10/2012 – 06/2014
- Creation and management of social media and global expansion strategy.
- Management of all social media channels.
- Assistance in event management and planning.
- Management of online co-promotion efforts with sponsors and community partners.
- Helping to unite the tech world one tweet at a time.
Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme – Paper Selection Committee, Embassy of Japan
06/20/2011 – 09/2011
- Processed, assessed and graded Canadian paper applications, letters of reference and personal statements for the 2012-13 JET Programme based on strictly confidential criteria.
- Accurately calculated and recorded applicants’ grades while meeting deadlines set by Tokyo headquarters.
- Tracked and verified all domestic applications and necessary documents were complete.
Sales Associate, Match Marketing Group
09/21/2010 – 09/2012
- Activate and sell wireless devices for Match Marketing Group’s joint telecommunication project with Chat-r Wireless.
- Continually meet and exceed expected personal sales targets and ensure that each location meets their store targets.
- Maintain daily operations administrative paperwork.
- Created new procedural models of efficiency that have been adopted region wide throughout all stores.
Contributing writer, Policymic.com
06/20/2011 – 09/2011
- Write and edit articles on a range of topics, most having to do with social media or Japan.
Assistant Language Teacher (ALT), Fukushima Higashi Senior High School, Japan
(Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme [JET])
08/2006 – 08/2010
- Taught English and promoted internationalization in 6 senior high schools using both English and Japanese in team and solo situations. Managed the needs of over 2000 students in 40 classes with ranging English levels and adjusted classes in order to interest and engage all students.
- Created and maintained English clubs that were based on non-textbook English learning.
- Co-created English curriculum and English assessment models.
- Prepared students yearly for university entrance exams and interviews.
- Motivated students to be enthusiastic about English and international topics.
- Corrected and graded student assignments and exams.
- Taught a wide variety of subjects with other faculty members including but not limited to cultural studies, critical thinking, communications, politics, environmentalism, geography and history.
Student Bander/General Labourer, Taylor Steel
06/2001 – 07/2006
- Packaged slit coils of steel to customer specifications for domestic and international shipping.
Other Achievements and Volunteer Experience
Participant, Invitation Programme for JET Alumni to Disaster Stricken Areas in Tohoku
- One of twenty JET Programme Alumni to be selected to return to the Tohoku area.
- Had multiple media appearances and engaged the public through blogging and social media in order to share my experiences while returning toFukushimaprefecture.
Social Media Coordinator, JETAA Ottawa
07/2011 – 06/2012
- Manage all forms of social media, including, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- Write articles for the JETAA Ottawa website and newsletter.
- Assist the JETAA Executive in implementing the goals of JETAA and fostering an interest in Japanese culture within theOttawaarea.
- Assist departing JETs in their preparations to leave forJapan.
- Volunteer at Japanese cultural events organized by JETAA.
Contributing Writer, #Quakebook – 2:46: Aftershocks: Stories from the Japan Earthquake
03/2011 – 04/2011
- Quakebook is a twitter sourced book with all proceeds going to the Japanese Red Cross.
- Wrote and edited a piece that is featured in the book being sold worldwide by Amazon.
- Performed data entry for the Quakebook marketing team.
- Successfully had Quakebook articles published in two Canadian newspapers.
- Wrote a short article about Quakebook for the JET based blog/magazine JETwit.com.
Goodwill Ambassador to Fukushima Prefecture
- Awarded by the Governor of Fukushima prefecture.
Fukushima JET Kenpoku Area Support Leader
07/2008 – 07/2009
- Provided support, guidance, counselling and general assistance to ALTs in the Kenpoku area.
- Assisted new JET participants in becoming accustomed toJapan.
Fukushima Prefectural JET Association Vice-President
04/2007 – 04/2008
- Planned, executed and directed the goals of FuJET, an elected committee that provided leadership to over 150 ALTs in Fukushima prefecture.
- Directed, designed and promoted trips for large groups of people in both English and Japanese. Managed relationships and information flow between local promoters and group members.
- Dealt directly with the Fukushima prefectural government in presenting seminars for and facilitating the arrival of incoming ALTs.
- Promoted, revamped and sustained a community website for ALTs within Fukushima prefecture.
- Directed JET participation in a number of Japanese and international festivals and events.